Thursday, March 3, 2016

February 29

Well... officially another week has disappeared. the time that I have left is being shortened as every week passes. I think I go to bed and wake up the next week. I can count on one hand how many changes I have left, and I dont like that. But what can I do? Take advantage of every day more that I have. Do my best to be a good missionary and represent the Lord the best that I can. 

well lets start my week:

Tuesday-  last week my comp went to Costa Rica for visa issues (he had to leave the country and restamp his visa) So Elders Zamudio (close friend of mine) and Almendarez came to be my companions (and also came for District Metting) but ya :) we also had our district meeting from Elder Alan, which went well.

Later, I spent the day getting lost in my area withZamudio and Almendarez.. we got almost no work done... but on the bright side... i know how to get around my area without my companion xD

Wednesday- We had our first Zone Meeting :) it went pretty well. I taught the zoneabout the importance of short and powerful lessons, and the elements of success as a missionary (5 elements that president  carmack taught the zone leaders a few months ago). It went really well :) I had two missionaries try to teach the entire Restoration in less than 5 minutes- a practice that I like because you start to realize which information is important, and which information can be taken out- There is a lot of fluff that will just confuse the investigator and put too much information in their head. 

Not to be full of myself, but Im trying very hard to be obedient and a good example- there are 12 other missionaries that are looking to me to put the example and show them how to do things... its a lot of pressure.

That night, we had a ward family home evening at the church with the ward :) it was pretty fun :)

Thursday- We had a mission leadership meeting in David :) it was actually really cool. everybody who is a ZL or a DL or a sister training leader in the whole interior showed up. So I got to seeSharp (from Blas) and my excomp Elder Mejia (chorrera) again :) it was super cool :) and that basically killed our whole day... 

Friday- We did weekly planning in the morning, and that went well. I got a better knowledge of the area in that time. 

it was a decent day.. our lessons could still use some shortening. I dont likebeing in the same lesson for an hour (PMG says 45 minutes at the longest).

We had a good lesson with Valory and Lenny... it was a little bit of a machete. We havebeen teaching them for several weeks, and theyhavent read or gone to church (she is 18 and he is 14) and they say they want to get closer to God.. so we kind of layed it all down for them- they wont get closer to God just because we are teaching them- they need to read and come to church.

Sautrday- We had a SERVICE with theElders of centro. Bagels I miss manual labor- that was the cool part of blas. We hlped people in their farm like 3 days outof everyweek. We helped a guy dig a trash hole and role huge stones out of his yard :) and they made us breakfast before, and lunch after :) cool people. afterwards, Carrillo and alan were wasted so they took a nap, and then we had soccer at the church at 4. we had like 10 investigaors show up :) super cool :) although i injured my hip in a fall.

Sunday- well we went at 830 in taxi to pick up valory and lenny to bring them to church :) they were ready and came! so that went really really well :) third hour we eneded up having to teach them serperately, to resolve some questions they had. but it ws great.

we didnt have lunch so we went home with the other elders sto make some lunch. I ended up taking a nap because my hip was bothering me from walking around all day. that night, the 4 elders from puerto came, because they had to spend pday with us. so we set up dinner appointments and everythyihng :)

Monday- well.. me and carrillo got up at 5 to exercise like normal, nd at 645 we went all 8 of us to go playsoccer at the church :) super fun. 

another highlight... Ive been having issues sleeping in the bed.. so I talked with the landlord about bputting in hooks for my hammock- so we installed that last night :) we had to literally MAKE one of the hooks with rebar and a saudering iron and a huge srew xD but it works. i slept like a baby.

another highlight... i have 9 blisters xD basically any common place to have ablister, I have one there. PLUS one on top of my foot (from wearing shoes again)

anyways :) its been a great week, and I hope this week is even better. im doing my best to be the best I can, and to be as obedient as possible. Its interesting how being around disobedient people can kind of put a drag on you...

Anyways :) Tings are going great :) Im ejoying the mission, and serving the Lord the best way i know how. Although sometimes its.. very noticeable to me that im not perfect and I have a lot of room to improve. A lot of improvemtn to be the kind of missionary the Lord wants me to be. But im going to keep fighting to be better. So I invite all of you to obey the commondments of our Heavenly Father, and be the best youcan- we cant be perfect in this life, but we can do the best we can. 

I love all of you, and im greatful for those of you who keep reading my emails and blog :) take care this week!

Elder Bradburn
Baboon



No comments:

Post a Comment