Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Two blogs in one: Feb 16 and 23 - La Chorrera

February 16

Well I forgot my journal XD so I will do my best to remember this week! 

Ive talked with a few other gringos about how they shower. We all came to the same conclusion. The water is so cold (latins are used to it) that gringos play "hokie pokie" with the water XD

anyways XD 

Tuesday... we had a service project. (I think it was tuesday) actually now that I think about it, it was wednesday. I dont remember what happened on tuesday.

Wednesday... we had a service project :) We helped a member big an 8 foot hole in his yard :) we went with the hermanas, but we had to give up after 5 feet because the ground started crying... aka leaking water. apparently after 4 feet the ground in panama becomes a well. so.. we gave up :) alter the hermanas went to the stake center to get my packages!!! super exciting :) I love getting things from my family :) After the service... the wife decided to make us lunch but asked me and the hermanas for help... I literally plucked the feathers off of my lunch. and then watched the sister gut the chicken and chop its head off. super exciting XD 

Thursday...still dont remember what we did XD but I got my first panamanian hair cut XD super interesting to get a haircut in spanish.

OH! thursday I also annointed a lady in spanish :) that was cool. my comp had to write the words down for me XD and her super difficult latina name XD but it was super cool. We returned to her house saturday to do service for her. 

friday... we had zone training :) super fun. I LOVE our zone leaders. they are super cool guys. after that we went to the area of wrigley and romero to do some baptismal interviews for them (since my comp is district leader). the man and kid they were baptizing were super prepared, but the kid counts as a ward baptism and not misionary because we found out during the interview that his mom is an inactive member. 

ALSO my migraine STARTED friday. yes it started in a whole day. that is why I aprovechar-ed my mcdonalds mcflurry :) (aprovechar is a word that means like... take advantage of the situation)

saturday... Woke up with a migraine XD super fun right? Ive never had a migraine for that long! we went to the service in my migraine daze because I told my comp that I could do it. so we went with the hermanas and raked up the ladys yard :) It was super fun and i enjoyed it regardless of the pain XD

after that, we learned that the xone leaders wanted to do divisions with us in a trio... so my comp didnt wanna do that and called a member so that he could leave the area and leave me to work with the zone leader. He asked me if I could do it, and i really wanted to work. I didnt wanna be stuck in the house. We didnt end up being able to do anything, we had to stay in the chapel to fill the font XD but I didnt feel too well with my migraine. oohhh well. Basically by the end of the night, I screwed things up with dinner and made a member mad and so my comp got mad and said that I shouldnt have worked even though I wanted to. oh well XD no me importa :)

sunday... was a good day. I still suffered a little from the migraine but it started getting better. my comp made me sleep in, and made me return to the house early so i could sleep more. 

and... today.. monday. we had a futbol tournament :) against Arraijan (another zone) it was super fun and I got to see other elders from the MTC! it was super awesome :) I also made another friend from the south (arkansas) he is a super cool elder XD one of the ZLs from Arraijan. 

anyways..  I think thats it for this week :) I love you all! Enjoy your hot water and air conditioning please.. because I cant XD dont take it for granted.

pray :) the lord is listening :) no matter how frustrated, angry, or annoyed you feel, he can help you

until next week :)

February 23

Well this week... I actually have my journal with me so I can fill in all the days XD

tuesday.. Was a study day. My companion is directing choir for stake conference... the choir lady told us to be at the chapel at 230 for practice, and the youth were there playing soccer, but nobody showed up for choir. so my companion went home and changed his clothes to play soccer. I brought study materials. Im thankful for the study time :) 

wednesday.. ELDER DUNCAN. our área president came. soooo we had to wake up at 230 am to be in the city on time for our meeting with him :) "supposedly" there would be traffic for the Carnivales... but there wasnt. so our zone arrived 3 hours early XD oh well. we had time to eat breakfast at least. He had a lot of suggestions for our areas and everything :) he is an amazing man. That was a long tiring day, and we learned a lot. He told us we should never be in any house longer than 30 minutes, unless we are eating. that is something we definietly needed for your area. 

Thursday- We had a zone service project :) It was super fun! I will attach about a million photos XD dont worry. I also have a picture of me "eating" a parasite. Ya that isnt a worm. its a parasite. Like the kind that grow in your body. I could have died. We worked hard afterwards, and I started to feel a little frustrated. So I said a little prayer :) The Lord really does answer our prayers :)

Everyday I write 3 or 4 "slogans" in my journal. Thursday I added 2. "Seguir el Adelante" which is basically "follow the straight" AKA choose the right. and Guardar la fe. Keep the Faith.

Friday- Friday was both great and a little homesick. Literally all we did was go on splits. There was a brand new returned missionary of 2 days who went with me, and my comp went with a youth from the ward. It was amazing to see the power that is still in this returned missionary. His testimony and advice both helped me, and made me a little homesick. 19 more months! almost there, right? haha... 

I also learned... in the mission there is no one to impress. So basicaly... I have no reason to eat healthy XD Ive been aprovecharing ice cream and milk shake purchases like none other XD 

Later... we attended the Homecoming of the RM. It was super cool to hear about the challenges and things he overcame. again, it both helped me to know that I can overcome my challenges, and made me homesick XD Life is so bipolar in the mission field. 

Saturday- We had a zone meeting and......... the zone leaders arrived with another package for me XD everybody ambushed me for candy. And I just want to reinstate the fact that CANDY IS NOT CANDY. Candy is the love from home melded and formed into the shape of candy. Just for all those who have missionaries. SEND THEM LOVE. Later, Stake Conference and Chicheme. Anytime we go to the stake center, we always buy chicheme. Its an amazing sweet drink made out of corn. I dont know exactly what is in it but its one of the most amazing things Ive ever had. 

Sunday- More stake conference.. but not more chicheme because Its sunday. Also, my comp got sick :/ which means we couldnt do any work after stake conference. We had one of our investigators come to stake conference which was super cool :) He is super ready.. we are hoping to baptize him this week. We still have to teach 2 more lessons. but he is ready.

Also, we had a stake meeting with the stake president and all the missionaries and ward mission leaders in the stake. He gave the missionaries a huge machete, because of things that had been done in the past. He is known for refusing to accept missionaries XD If they arent hard workers he calls president to complain. 

In that meeting we learned that as a stake we have church attendance of almost 900. Thats 9 wards/branches. some have 130 attendance and some only have 30. And our stake membership... over 5000. For every 1 person in church, there are 6 or more who arent there. how sad! We have a lot of work to do with inactives. Someone in the meeting mentioned that an apostle said that a reactivation is just as good as a baptism. The Stake President asked how many of the missionaries were the result of a reactivation through the missionaries, and almost half raised their hands.

I thought that was very interesting. 

Today was pretty much a lazy day. we cleaned the apartment, and studied most of the morning. and now email :) 

Well hey. thats my whole week. next monday we have a zone activity so hopefully i will have a more entertaining monday to describe XD

I love you all! Siguen el Adelante! you wont regret it. Just remember that the Lord is by your side. If you ever feel down, say a prayer and he will send angels to help you. I now have a testimony of that. I recieve help from my Father in Heaven every day. I am so insuffiecient and immature, that there is no way I could preach His gospel without his help. just keep that in mind. In your callings or member missionary work. The Lord qualifies us.

Love you all! HAve a great week :)
























No comments:

Post a Comment