Monday, March 9, 2015

March 2 and 9

March 2

Well... Another week down. I cant believe its already march! Where does the time go? seriously. I hit my 5 month mark on thursday... Ive been here in panama for almost 2 months. Its hard to believe how fast time flies.

This week was a lot better for me, emotionally. It was still difficult though. I focused on changing my perspective. Im not here for myself, Im here for others. And with that change of thought, and forcing myself to think that way, I saw a lot of improvemtns in my attitude as I tried my hardest to serve my companion and focus on the people I was serving. 

Tuesday- We went to a service :) The Hma Kaira lives on this big hill that everyone always gets exhausted on... like halfway up. So me and my companion went to mae stairs in the hill! We worked hard for 2 hours picking stairs into the hill, and still didnt finish. We even went back wednesday, and there is still more to do eventually. 

We had a lesson that night with an investigator named Yohan. He is a super cool kid who is my age (18). Hes been investigating the church for over a year.. He comes to church, reads the BOM, but still doesnt feel ready for baptism. We talked with him about it. After talking with him, me and my companion both feel that it isnt his time for baptism. But it will come :) I hope Im here to see that day!

Wednesday- We recieved a call at 7 am... that president was coming to our stake center to conduct missionary interviews. Ahh! talk about a change of plans. We went to the service, and had to sprint home in order to shower and get ready on time. We lost our whole day from 11 until 5. It takes 6 hours to interview 22 missionaries XD well... our zone is half sisters... he finished sister missionaries at 330 XD (sisters always have emotional problem to talk about... I didnt say that XD)

We talked about my concerns and what Im doing to help my area. I also asked for a blessing of comfort. It was super cool, and Im thankful that I asked. President is definitely an amazing man. He told me that I could achieve some of the things I was working towards personally (I didnt tell him, but he specifically mentioned them in the blessing) and told me that I will be able to quickly dust myself off when I become discouraged. 

After, we lost the rest of our night because the sisters were sick and we had to take them medicine. I swear the whole missionary world is sick.

Thursday- We went to the house of Hma Kaira again... but we didnt make stairs. I was a one man video and photo taking crew for her instructional video on how to make empanadas and other things for a stake activity. I apparently have the best camera she has access to, and I take a lot of pictures so she asked me to stay and take the pictures and videos for her XD It turned out alright because we got empanadas and Chicheme out of it :)

Later, we went to visit Romero and Wrigley to do.... DIVISIONS. me and Wrigley came to our area. We werent able to get a lot of work done the two of us, because we started divisions so late in the day, but we were able to contact and find 2 new potential investigators :) We also met with a really cool blind lady named Hma Edith. She went blind 4 years ago due to a messed up eye surgery. super sad. There is a chance her vision will come back. sShe was baptized 2 years ago, but has gone inactive for the past year. She even went through the temple! she basically went to the temple and then went inactive after. Super sad, but she has a very strong testimony. Her life is very hard and its difficult for her to make the trip to the chapel without her sight.

Friday- Capacitaciones! and ending divisions. It was nice being with a gringo for a while XD not to be racist. It was just nice to be able to work with someone who speaks english.

We went to visit Joel :) He didnt feel ready for baptism, so we had to change his baptismal date to the 14th. He also showed us his telescope and we looked at the moon and the stars. Telescopes are super cool man! I want one XD 

Saturday- A little bit of a diffcult day. There was a lot of pereza (basically a disease called laziness) going around. We went with the Hmas to visit a few people and then our plans to break the pereza fell through... so the pereza continues XD 

At 2 we got a call from Romero that Wrigley was sick... So we had to go to their area to bring medicine and stuff. And when we arrived, my companion started to get sick XD So we were stuck there till 5. Me and Romero went to contact a little bit and to go buy medicine and dinner. After that We had an activity called "the Niht of White" basically, in all of the zone there were 15 baptisms in one day, so we did them all together. It was super spiritual and cool. It started 2 hours late XD hashtag latino culture. (spanish keyboards dont have hastgas)

Sunday- Sunday was awesome :) started of slow. I was sick in the morning so I slept in. I had the same thing that wrigley had the day before. Im starting to really feel comfortable in the ward that im serving in. I better not leave this change XD I dont think I will, as I only have one change here. 

Later we went to the temple :) We went as a zone, and were supposed to bring investigators and everyone who got baptized, but there were really only the missionaries, and 2 familes there. It was still spiritual though :)

MONDAY-- today we went to cosco antiguo again :) super fun. I spent more money than I should have XD I need to make a better habit of spending money. things I need and dont need... I also took a bunch of new pictures XD 

Well I think thats it for this week :) I was a good week even though it was a little slow. The Lord answers prayers :) I love yall! have a great week :)

Vaya con Dios :) 
Dios les bendiga :)
-Elder Blake Bradburn

March 9

ahhhh! I saw a sloth this week on divisions! super legit. they really do move really slow.. in spanish theyre called... something perezoso... something lazy. I dont remember the other word XD

anyways on to my tales of this week :) 

Tuesday... great day :) It started off a little frustrating, but got a lot better because we went on a ward temple trip :) man I love the temple :)Also in the morning my comp cut his own hair XD I helped cut the back... it doesnt look too bad but I dont have enough trust in him or myself to do that XD

we didnt get home till 10 so theres not much else to say about that day :)

Wednesday- we went in the morning to meet the leaders of the ward of hermana stuki because their area is struggling :) it was cool. later we went to pass out Proclamations to the world for contacting :) it was fun. people are very interested in a proclamation to help familes! annnd we had a ward volleyball match with the ward and some investigators later that night :)

thursday- we did divisions with the elders in our district again :) Romero came to my area. Super pritti maaaan. Hes a cool elder. He had to go home for health problems, so he and i went through some similar experiences with that. We get along very well. We got lost a few times but its all good XD we laughed about it. 

I never realized before how many missionaries have had very hard lives before the mission. Its sad but amazing that they are willing to sacrifice to help others in a mission :) 

friday- friday was weekly planning so there isnt a whole lot to talk about about that. we made plans.... or i made plans.. for the area and my companion either said yes or no. soo.. we have some interesting plans for the week. at least we have plans this time.. XD 

Saturday- we had service for Hermano miguel :) his yard was super dirty and he had scrap metal all over... we worked for probably 4 or 5 hours at his house. 
it was super fun :) I was worked id get cut by rusty metal and get tetanus... but ÇI didnt get cut.. so i live! nobody worry.

LAter we went to Los Altos area as a zone to do a less active saving activity... the branch attendance on sunday was... over 170. previously was in the 60s. huge change! team work man, team work :)

Sunday- Well... oh! sunday. There is a lady in our ward who grew up in the united states but has always moved around from country to country and state to state her whole life. she is spending her time in our ward right now, and saturday night she fell and sprained her ankle, and probably broke her nose and damaged her face pretty badly. She walked all the way to the church building from her house to ask for a blessing. Specifically, a blessing from me because I speak english, her strongest language. It was an amzing expereince. It was testimony building to see the transformation in the way she walked and even the expression on her face after the blessing I gave. The priesthood is real, and priesthood blessings are real! Im so very thankful that I hold the priesthood of God (or the power of God according to his will)  and that I can help other people like that :) 

I was able to find time to go through liahonas to find pictures to decorate the apartment and to find little games and toys to make :) Super cool :) I just need to find cardstock to mount some of the stuff :) Little projects like that help to destress me. I think Im going to start getting back into some origami 

Monday- today!!! we met as a zone in the stake center and all the mexicans in the zone cooked mexican food for lunch and we played a bunch of games and stuff :) I love doing stuff with the zone! 

Anyways.. thats all I have for this week. I love serving the people here! Im also learning how to work through my struggles. Things arent easy here, but life after the mission wont be so easy either, getting married and starting a family, college, and everything. Im learning how to work through things even when its tough. The key- PATIENCE AND FAITH. and scriptures study and prayer :) scripture study and prayer bring testimony and faith.. they build our faith do endure those trials :) 

Dont forget to read and pray!

Seguir el adelante
Dios les bendiga :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment