Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week 4 - Provo West MTC

Dad's Prologue: In Blake's blog this week and our other communications with him, he is getting so very excited to head out to Panama. He is having trouble with his Visa and so he did not get his travel plans as he thought he would. We are sure he is very bummed about that. If he is unable to leave for Panama on his scheduled date, he has been told he will serve temporarily in Provo until it is completed. 

In his blog this week, Blake mentions his Afton Strong bracelet. For those who don't know, Afton Wallace is a friend of his from Vicksburg, Mississippi who is valiantly battling cancer. Well, here is Blake's Week 4 blog!
------------------------------------
Well, this has been an interesting week. I enjoy the MTC, but there is only so much you can learn. I am just so anxious to get to Panama! I get my travel information tomorrow afternoon! So exciting. Man... Spanish is coming along pretty well, but I know that I will not be able to understand anything once I get to Panama. 


Monday we had our first Skype TRC lesson. CRAZY! Me and Elder McGraw taught a man who is currently living in Mexico (sorry dad... I asked if he was in Mexico City and he said he was in the part under california). It was really interesting. I don't like skype lessons... they're just different.
We have our LAST LESSON WITH JOSE TOMORROW! so sad. I love that man. although.... the other day we found out he was a member :( however, I believe his problems are real. He isn't acting.

On Tuesday, we had a devotional review. OH before I go on, I was called to be the District Leader! Anyways... President Pickering pointed out to me that I was wearing an "afton strong bracelet" and asked if I have read the missionary handbook. I said that I have, and explained what the bracelet was and why I wore it, and he said "It doesn't matter how good the bracelet is. You cannot wear it". So, my afton strong bracelet is now around my Missionary Planner. Which I think bothered him a little but he didn't say anything. Now I have to take it off to write in my planner haha. 

At this point I'm just trying to get through one day at a time, because I'm so excited. 11 days to go! Can't wait! 

Also- for those of you who have access to a spanish hymn book, I have discovered a new hymn. hymn number 88 is so so pretty. But it doesn't exist in english!
Well... It is just about time for me to get off the computers. It is crazy how fast time flies! I'm leaving so soon and I feel like I just got here. I know that the work I'm doing is important and I absolutely have a testimony of it. I have a bigger testimony of prayer. I have seen how prayers can be answered, even in this short time. We counted the other day, we say close to 15 prayers everyday. Just try to be sincere in your prayers. We recently had a devotional that said you CAN use the Lord's name in vain even if you are praying. Take your time and sincerely close your prayer. A lot of people just rush through the ending. Remember in whose name you are praying, and ponder it. 

I love all of you! I miss everyone. The next time you hear from me I will be packing my suitcase to get ready to leave! Have a good week!

Elder Bradburn



No comments:

Post a Comment