Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week of January 26 - La Chorrera

All right. Im starting this out with some interesting facts. So in Anatomy class we learned abot this called cilia that are hair like things that increase the surface area inside your intestines. Lets just say that I now know what those look and taste like.

2nd... The mission is freaking hard. Im in a foreign country this time, my comp doesnt speak english, i dont know the lessons as well as i thought i did, and i have strange bug bites all over my body that itch. I swear that it is 100 degrees outside everyday and nobody has air conditioning. and Dad, just for your knowledge, the showers are not ¨"unwarm" water. turn the faucet in the kitchen all the way cold. That is my shower every morning. 

amongst all that... I guess im learning a hard lesson. The Lord calls us to do dificult things, to teach us tough lessons. 

Lemme go into a little bit more depth... 

Basically this week consisted of hanging out in the office and really doing nothing. So the reality of the mission never hit me. On wednesday I got to go with the assistants to work in their area. that was super fun.

On thursday... I found out where Id be going. Chorerra, in the biencherry 3rd ward. To replace my comp from the MTC, Elder Mcgraw. I know this is where the Lord needs me. For whatever reason he needs me in Chorerra, in an area that needs seeds planted. 

My companion is elder Martinez and he is from Paraguay. he seems like a cool guy but its hard for us to communicate a lot of the time.

friday we went to have lunch with an hermana in the ward. she made us some kind of soup that was made from pig spine. It was good... I guess. the meat was very chewy. After that we taught a few good lessons to some inactive members and that went great. 

Sunday was pretty great. I did not understand most of what happened at church, but I felt the spirit and that was something that I really needed. After church we went to the house of the ward mission leader to have a meeting and lunch... we ate lunch and he fell asleep... so we were there for like 3 hours and got nothing accomplished XD it was kinda fun tho. After we went out with a member of the ward to go out teaching. We taught the restoration to a cool kid that we are going to see next sunday. After, This lady asked if I wanted to try mondongo and I said yes.. nobody told me what it was... turns out that it is Cow intestine. (back to the anatomy class...)

Anways :) I am out of time. I love you all! Ill talk to you again next week :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment